"Simon teaches Marcy a new instrument" request from nightmaremoon69!
Thanks for requesting, and I hope you like it!
(( I guess I owed the world the actual piece played on an actual piano instead of an electronic one (it sounds a lot prettier imo), and maybe I’ll make sheet music soon :>
This is a fan-made transcription I made a little while back, not an official piece. also the song doesn’t belong to me uvu
(oh and IRY hit its 1 year anniversary not too long ago! whoop!)
sorry about the bg noise btw, i was recording in-school >v>))
(( simon can never resist making a bad pun whenever he can
a lot of the time he forgets that some jokes arent for kids
(i forgot to do this at the 420 follower mark ghgh) ))
TYPHOON HAIYAN RIPS THROUGH CENTRAL PHILIPPINES
Typhoon Haiyan is a Category 5 storm, the strongest typhoon of 2013 and said to be the “most powerful ever” to make landfall (with winds near 195-200 mph). Perspective: Superstorm Sandy was at 95mph when it hit New Jersey; Hurricane Katrina at 129mph when it hit land.
- Pre-emptive evacuations affect more than 161,000 families or more than 790,000 people in 37 provinces
- Typhoon Haiyan as seen from space
- Haiyan makes 6 landfalls - it affected an island chain in the central Philippines, making landfall in six islands. It gained wind power as it traversed through waters in between.
- Haiyan traverses areas affected by magnitude 7.1 earthquake - The earthquake left more than 200 dead dead on October 16; 1000 injured; 350,000 displaced. The survivors have been living in tents and evacuation areas. It passed through Leyte, Samar, Cebu (2.5 million residents), among others. All with densely populated cities, some of which are the poorest provinces in the country.
- 100 people killed in Tacloban — first estimate of casualties in the city reported today, November 9. Because the communication lines are down, the news centers have yet to take stock of the full extent of the damage. But the numbers are still expected to rise. The devastation was described as if a tsunami had wracked through it.
- 2:03PM 11/9: An estimated 4 million people have been affected by the typhoon
- 4:20PM 11/9: 90% of Baco Town in Oriental Mindoro flooded
- 4:55 PM 11/9: Bodies still scattered in Leyte as Visayas in shock
- 5:19PM 11/9: Negros Occidental under a state of calamity
- 7:34PM 11/9: Local officials expect the number of bodies found in Tacloban to reach 500
- eta: 7:45PM 11/9: Iloilo and Palawan declare state of calamity
- eta: 8:04PM 11/9: Update: 134 reported dead
- eta: 8:30PM 11/9: Thousands homeless in Ormoc, Leyte
- eta3: 10PM 11/9: Red Cross estimates 1,200 casualties
- eta3: 3AM 11/10: Aerial photo of Bantayan Island after Haiyan
- eta3: 3:23AM 11/10: At least 200 believed dead in Eastern Samar
The victims need all the help they can get. Cities have been leveled, buildings made of concrete were destroyed by strong winds and storm surges. Communications have yet to be reestablished in most of the areas affected by the typhoon. The full picture left behind by Haiyan has yet to be established yet the devastation reported on television is already extensive. The government is bracing for large-scale relief operations. Virtually 1/3 of the country has been ravaged by this natural disaster. And we need help.
HOW THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY CAN HELP
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- eta: donations via UNICEF Philippines
- eta2: donations via CARE Australia
- eta2: donations via Caritas Internationalis
- eta2: donations via GMA Network (credit card)
- eta2: donations via World Vision
- eta2: donations via AmeriCares
- eta2: donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- eta2: donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- eta: relief operations via University of the Philippines
- eta: relief operations via the Department of Education
- eta: pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
HOW TO FILE FOR MISSING PERSONS
Please reblog and add other details I might’ve missed!
*She stopped for a moment, and looked dead at the girl. What would happen? Bonnibel could think of all the possibilities resulting in injury or death, but she thought it best not to share those with the child.*
Well, Marcy, we’ll be ready next time, but let’s hope we don’t have to be. It sneaked up on us, but now we know its there, and we know to be careful.
We’ll be furtive, and the creature won’t find us.
*She took the girl’s hand and slowly led her back into the store, a slight crouch to her walk. Not long after, she found the rack of flashlights, and took one, leading the girl around to plant it.
At a clearing in the aisles, she knelt, and switched on the light.*
Marcy stiffened as a low growl echoed through the darkness behind them. The creature was there, she knew, and not too far away. Her grip tightened on Bonnibel’s hand as she fixated her eyes on the flashlight. Would this plan work?
She tugged at Bonnie’s hand, not daring to say a word, silently telling her to move. The sound of sharp claws tapping on the ivory tiled floor bounced off the walls, giving the impression that it was surrounding them. A cold shiver raced down her spine as she laced two shaking hands around Bonnie’s and tugged.
* U P D A T E : *
OKAY. So my video will not load. BUT, as I promised, here’s a few donation links - naturally you are not obliged to donate but it would be REALLY great to get some international support. People have lost their homes and there were about 3 people so far that died. Right now and basing on the news, the city of Tacloban is gravely affected, but then of course there is Bohol—which suffered a magnitude 7 earthquake recently and are now suffering under Typhoon Haiyan. Anyway, the entire Visayas area is affected. Like I said, that doesn’t mean Luzon and Mindanao are not affected.
Please take note that some areas in the Visayan islands:
○ have NO power
○ all communication lines have been cut off
○ even travel is NEARLY impossible.
○ .. seriously. We get storms all the time but this is undoubtedly one of the strongest.This is the 24th storm to batter our country this year.
* DONATION LINKS! *
So far the links I have collected. AGAIN, You are not obliged to donate but of course it would be good if you did!! Spreading the word is also enough!
IF YOU ARE IN THE UK - British Red Cross ► www.redcross.org.uk/Donate-Now/Make-a-single-donation/Typhoon-Haiyan-Appeal
IF YOU ARE IN THE PHILIPPINES/USA - Philippine Red Cross ► http://ushare.redcross.org.ph/ (please select Super Typhoon Yolanda (that’s the local name of the storm here) in the Campaign drop-down)
World Vision: Philippines Disaster Relief ► http://www.worldvision.ca/GIVE-A-GIFT/Pages/Philippines-Disaster-Relief.aspx
Catholic Relief Services ► http://emergencies.crs.org/typhoon-haiyan-help-philippines-survive-and-recover/
Samaritan’s Purse ►http://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/super-typhoone-haiyan-response/
ShelterBox ► http://www.shelterboxusa.org/news_global.php?id=1199
World Food Programme ► https://www.wfp.org/donate/typhoon-philippines
IF YOU ARE IN THE UK, IN THE USA, OR ANYWHERE ELSE: if you have Filipino friends whose relatives are here in the Philippines and would like to keep in touch, especially if their provinces are in the Visayas areas — you may want to try using THIS.
And hey, it doesn’t even have to be the Philippines. This applies to those who are ABOUT to be affected by Haiyan. China, Vietnam, where else! Warn them, call them up, let them know to call their loved ones if they are in those countries, however they can. PREPARATION IS KEY.
SPREAD THE WORD. Use your social media to hack up help. Let’s help each other out, no matter how near or far!
game- [S] Dave: Strife ))
(( “The happiest man on earth would be able to use the Mirror of Erised like a normal mirror, that is, he would look into it and see himself exactly as he is. It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desire of our hearts." -Albus Dumbledore explaining the mirror to Harry ))
Little Marcy “plays” television set
Spent an entire afternoon and evening doing this, but it was a lot of fun! Clips used:
Adventure Time- Simon and Marcy
Regular Show (forget which episode, sorry ^^;)
Michael Jackson’s “Thriller”
Adventure Time-Simon and Marcy
Don’t Hug Me, I’m Scared
IT (1990 Miniseries)
Supernatural-My Bloody Valentine
Nostalgia Critic-The King and I review